Mr Daniel Chan
BSc, CEng, CITP, AMIRSE
Mr Daniel Chan has 30 years of experience combined from the IT and Railway industries. He had a strong Mathematical background coupled with his Computer Science degree, enabling him to develop skill sets in the railway industry starting from late 1980s. He has worked in numerous railway projects for organisations including the MTR Corp., Siemens Rail, MTM Metro Corp., and Bombardier Transportation. He undertook and supervised in the lifecycle of Train Control Systems including design, software/system development, implementation, integration, testing and commissioning. He has obtained accreditation from IRSE in fulfilling core exams on signalling interlocking and layout and gained decent knowledge on the train vehicles and CBTC.
Mr Y M Fong
Associateship of Electronic Engineering, Postgraduate Diploma of Electronic Engineering
Mr Fong has over 30 years’ experience in maintenance services for AFC systems.
- 2004 – Beijing Line 4 AFC System Design Review
- Review Design Proposal and provide advice for improvement
- 2005 – Chengdu AFC Line 1 System Design Tender
- Preparation for Tender Submission, i.e. Technical Proposal.
- 2006 – Bangkok Transit System (Skytrain) AFC System
- Proposal of Contactless Smart Card data definition, taking into consideration of common ticketing.
- Asset management plan for the next 20 years of AFC system operation.
- Problem identification for newly modified gates and new ticketing machine.
- Proposal to tackle obsolete spares
- 2007 & 2008 – Kaohsiung Rapid Transit Co. Ltd AFC System
- Propose solution to solve the problem of AFC equipment performance, i.e. user friendliness, speed and reliability.
- Proposal to extend the application of I-Pass (KRTC CSC product)
- Operational readiness assessment of new Orange Line.
- Dubai Rapid Transit AFC System
- To review the Operation, Maintenance and Training document submitted by AFC system supplier.
Mr Terry Ho
BEng, MSc, CEng MIET, MIRSE, MIMC
Terry Ho has over 18 years’ experience in design, installation, testing and commissioning of multi-disciplinary railway systems with particular focus in Signalling & Train Control System, Control & Communications systems System and System engineering for Metro and Intercity Railway Systems in Hong Kong, Australia, Middle East and Asia. He is well known as a result-oriented professional Signalling and Communications Engineer with excellent performance record. This encompasses both driver and driverless operation and projects using CBTC signaling technologies.
Terry’s technical skills include the management of the whole project lifecycle for mainline and mass transit railway systems. Recent achievement included the System Integration Commissioning of the MRT Line 1 in Kuala Lumpur Malaysia and Signalling & Train Control System Commissioning of Kelana Jaya Line Extension in Kuala Lumpur Malaysia.
Ir Y K Leung
MSc(Eng), CEng MHKIE, MIMechE, FIET
Ir Leung is a professional railway systems engineer with over 34 years of international experience in the railway sector with which more than 20 years were in the management of railway system in railway projects. He has successfully designed and delivered large scale, urban, suburban and intercity projects in a multi-discipline environment in Asia for reputed railway organizations including Hong Kong MTR (and the previous KCRC), KVMRT – Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Y K is instrumental in achieving excellence in railway systems engineering and project management; setting up efficient and effective project teams; providing innovative solutions leading to win-win results; understanding the users’ requirements on both Operations and Maintenance aspects; resolving conflicts in a multi-discipline environment; and bridging cultural differences between east and west.
BSc, MSc, CEng MIET, FIRSE, IRSE
Philip possesses a wealth of knowledge and experience in feasibility study, tender preparation and assessment, interoperability and compatibility, system migration and integration, safety and system assurance, project management, design, construction, testing and commissioning, defects liability support, operation and maintenance of railway signaling and train control systems. He is specialized in various signaling technologies including Radio Based / Loop Based Communication Based Train Control (CBTC), Distance-To-Go and Speed Code Signaling, Relay Based / Computer Based Interlocking, and Automatic Train Supervision, with proven track records in the following projects:
• DUAT (7 Lines) Lines Signaling Replacement Project – Hong Kong MTR (2015-2018)
• Beijing Line 4 CBTC Signaling – China (2007-2008)
• Kowloon Southern Link CBTC Signaling – Hong Kong KCR (2005-2008)
• Ma On Shan Line CBTC Signaling – Hong Kong KCR (2000-2004)
• Automatic Train Control Replacement Project on Tsuen Wan Line, Island Line, Kwun Tong Line – Hong Kong MTR (1992-1999)
From 2009 to 2016, Philip was the department head responsible for the Technical and Engineering Service Department in leading the multi-disciplinary engineering of the railway systems. He took up the position of Chief Signal Engineer (Operations) in 2016 for overseeing the signaling replacement project on 7 lines and having an oversight on brownfield risks arising from any signaling works in Operating Railway.