Mr Daniel Chan
BSc, CEng, CITP, AMIRSE
Mr Daniel Chan has overall about 30 years of experience in IT and Railway Industry.
- Constructed and designed for the Train Control Management System Systematic Railway Data for the TCMS project, Melbourne, led the data team to verify and innovated validation process among varied dataset. (2010-2014)
Independent Software Safety Assessment for the China Shenzhen Metro Line 4 phase II extension project. (2010-2011)
Designed and implemented the software modification/upgrade of the Integrated Training Simulation Systems for the Operation Training Department of the MTR Corporation, Hong Kong. (2006-2009)
Implemented the train system to system adaptation, migrated the Metro existing train timetable, controls and indications, and all signaling components into the new database platform for the upgrade of the Melbourne Traffic Management Facility system for the Bombardier Transportation, Melbourne. (1998-2003)
Designed and implemented the software conversion for the Automatic Train Supervision (ATS) System in combining three separate ATS systems of the Island Line, Kwun Tong Line and Tsuen Wan Line into one single computer platform for the MTR Corporation, Hong Kong. (1988-1990)
Mr Y M Fong
Associateship of Electronic Engineering, Postgraduate Diploma of Electronic Engineering
Mr Fong has over 30 years’ experience in maintenance services for AFC systems.
- 2004 – Beijing Line 4 AFC System Design Review
- Review Design Proposal and provide advice for improvement
- 2005 – Chengdu AFC Line 1 System Design Tender
- Preparation for Tender Submission, i.e. Technical Proposal.
- 2006 – Bangkok Transit System (Skytrain) AFC System
- Proposal of Contactless Smart Card data definition, taking into consideration of common ticketing.
- Asset management plan for the next 20 years of AFC system operation.
- Problem identification for newly modified gates and new ticketing machine.
- Proposal to tackle obsolete spares
- 2007 & 2008 – Kaohsiung Rapid Transit Co. Ltd AFC System
- Propose solution to solve the problem of AFC equipment performance, i.e. user friendliness, speed and reliability.
- Proposal to extend the application of I-Pass (KRTC CSC product)
- Operational readiness assessment of new Orange Line.
- Dubai Rapid Transit AFC System
- To review the Operation, Maintenance and Training document submitted by AFC system supplier.
Mr Terry Ho
BEng, MSc, CEng MIET, MIRSE, MIMC
Terry Ho has over 18 years’ experience in design, installation, testing and commissioning of multi-disciplinary railway systems with particular focus in Signalling & Train Control System, Control & Communications systems System and System engineering for Metro and Intercity Railway Systems in Hong Kong, Australia, Middle East and Asia. He is well known as a result-oriented professional Signalling and Communications Engineer with excellent performance record. This encompasses both driver and driverless operation and projects using CBTC signaling technologies.
Terry’s technical skills include the management of the whole project lifecycle for mainline and mass transit railway systems. Recent achievement included the System Integration Commissioning of the MRT Line 1 in Kuala Lumpur Malaysia and Signalling & Train Control System Commissioning of Kelana Jaya Line Extension in Kuala Lumpur Malaysia.
Ir Y K Leung
MSc(Eng), CEng MHKIE, MIMechE, FIET
Ir Leung is a professional railway systems engineer with over 34 years of international experience in the railway sector with which more than 20 years were in the management of railway system in railway projects. He has successfully designed and delivered large scale, urban, suburban and intercity projects in a multi-discipline environment in Asia for reputed railway organizations including Hong Kong MTR (and the previous KCRC), KVMRT – Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Y K is instrumental in achieving excellence in railway systems engineering and project management; setting up efficient and effective project teams; providing innovative solutions leading to win-win results; understanding the users’ requirements on both Operations and Maintenance aspects; resolving conflicts in a multi-discipline environment; and bridging cultural differences between east and west.
Ir H K Yip
Ben Yip have more than 23 years of working experience in the field of electrical engineering with roles that spanned across design, installation and maintenance of various large- scale projects. He was building service engineer at the Hong Kong Mass Transit for four years before beginning his own contractor firm, during which his clients included Sun Hung Kei Properties and Henderson Land Development Company Limited – two of the largest property moguls in the city – the Hong Kong Jockey Club, the Hong Kong government, and the Hong Kong Mass Transit Railway, to name but a few.