Hong Kong International Airport – Operation and Maintenance Expert Consultancy Services for APM
To provide an independent review, technical support and liaison with the regulator for the in-sourcing of mainline train control and the first-line response of the Automated People Mover (APM) system operation.
ClientAirport Authority Hong Kong
LocationHong Kong SAR
- Conduct workshops with the Authority and MTR Corporation Limited (MTRCL), the current APM O&M operator, to understand the current procedures and practices and submit a report on preliminary findings and suggestions.
- Conduct a preliminary risk assessment and safety validation of the role transfer of APM mainline train control and first line response from MTRCL to the Authority.
- Advise the area and approach to revise MTRCL’s current APM Operations and Emergency Procedures Manual and in respect of practices and procedures, particularly emergency procedures, to reflect the transfer of APM mainline operation from MTRCL to Airport Authority (AA).
- Establish Competence Management Framework, Formulate Training and Qualification (T&Q) Framework for APM Controllers and APM Drivers, and prepare the Operation Readiness Report.
- Submit a report for the long-term roadmap for the Authority to develop an in-house full-time trainer and examiner for APM Controllers and APM Drivers and the recommended upgrade of the existing signalling system training simulator.
- Formulate the qualification process and Completion of the qualification examination for the first batch of candidates for APM Controllers
- Support AA to obtain RB–EMSD approval on all APM documents and submit a final report including performance reports on APM controllers and risk assessment of role transfer of APM main line train and first line response from MTRCL.